|Lifeline assistance Lowers the cost of basic monthly local telephone service. Eligible consumers can receive $9.25 per month in discounts.
An individual is eligible if he or she participates in one of the following:
• Household income at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines (see chart below)*
• Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) or any official Home Energy Assistance Program
• Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
• Food Stamps
• Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Not to be confused with Social Security Income
• Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
• National School Lunch free lunch program
*2014 Estimated Income Requirements for a Household at or Below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Persons in Family Unit Annual Income
*For each additional person, add $5,481
Please call our office at (812) 667-5100 for additional information.
Lifeline is a government assistance program, the service is non-transferable, only eligible consumers may enroll in the program, and the program is limited to one discount per household. Lifeline customers are also required to recertify each year.